This page is, essentially, a set of rules that are set and expected to be followed as long as you participate in the growth of the Wild Kratts Wiki. These guidelines apply to adding images, making pages, editing the Wiki and everything in between. These policies may change at any time and do not represent all community guidelines.
- 1 General Policies
- 2 Content Policies
Respect for Others
- All users, regardless of status, are required to show the utmost respect to others at all times. No slander, harassment or insults will be tolerated at any time.
- No minimodding. Minimodding occurs when a user oversteps the boundaries of their authority. (Such as warning another user about a policy violation)
- We encourage users to make others aware of our policies, but actual warnings are the responsibility of the Wiki staff. (The sole exception to this is any content that insults or slanders a user personally)
- If you see any policy violations, please bring it up to a member of the Wiki staff.
- Vandalism will not be tolerated. Vandalism can come in many forms, ranging from deleting a portion of the page without proper reason to adding gibberish or foul language. If someone becomes a vandal, the administrators have the right to block the person for an indefinite amount of time depending on the severity of the act.
- Comments on pages are expected to be appropriate. This means that there should be no inappropriate language, the comment should not be irrelevant, and should not be inflammatory. All comments are expected to use decent spelling, grammar and punctuation. Any comments insulting or harassing any users will be deleted; such comments will also result in blocks.
- In the case of an edit war, the two opposing people are expected to solve their problem for themselves. Get a neutral party to give an opinion. If they cannot do that, an administrator will step in.
- We do ask that major format changes (such as adding or deleting sections on articles) be run by the community first to get a consensus. Ask any administrator for details, or feel free to start a discussion thread on the suggested change/addition on the Wiki related discussion board.
- Insulting/slandering other users is not permitted. It is the right of any user to remove or request the removal of any comment, thread, or message wall post that is insulting or slanderous to them personally. Harassing users in this way will result in lengthy blocks.
If You Are Blocked/Banned
- If you are blocked or banned and want to appeal it, please use your message wall on THIS Wiki, or contact an administrator on their wall on the Community Central Wiki.
- If you are blocked/banned on this Wiki, it is NOT appropriate to follow any Staff Member (or any user involved with the block/ban) anywhere other than Community Central to protest. This will result in your block being extended here.
- If you are blocked/banned by one of our Admins on another Wiki, do not follow the Admin here to complain. This will result in a block here and possibly an extension on the Wiki in question.
- "Sockpuppeting", using another account to circumvent a ban or block, is not permitted on Wild Kratts Wiki. If it becomes known that a user is sockpuppeting, their sockpuppet will be infinitely blocked, and the block/ban the original account will be extended.
- The Wild Kratts Wiki uses a community consensus model for major decisions, as well as a voting system for minor decisions. Therefore, it is unacceptable to create or use secondary or additional accounts for the purpose of "rigging" a vote. If it becomes known that a user has committed this act, the extra account(s) will be blocked and the user warned or blocked at administrator discretion.
- It is acceptable to use multiple accounts as long as voting fraud or ban/block circumvention is not occurring.
- This is a Wiki for the PBS Kids television series Wild Kratts. As such, our content should not be posted on other wikis or websites. Neither should their content be posted on ours. Please be respectful of other people's hard work.
Canonicity of Media
- What is canonicity? Something is canon if it is considered valid in the Wild Kratts universe. For example, an event occurring in a promotional video is not canon to an overall timeline: the event didn't really occur.
- Where it applies, the Wild Kratts Wiki treats events and statements made in other show-related media (such as books) as canon.
- The order of canonicity is show -> writer/producer -> cast member -> other sources. This means that when a statement or event from another source contradicts something occurring/said in-show, or a statement from a writer/creator/producer, the show event or crew member statement will be what is considered canon.
- Certain users with administration approved privileges have custom profile tags on their profile header.
Some kinds of pages that should NOT be created on the Wiki are:
- Family tree pages.
- Pages for character relationships - such as "Chris and Aviva", "Jimmy Z and Koki", etc. This includes but is not limited to "ship" pages - Such as Chriva, Mariva, etc.
- Pages for background characters, objects or locations. An example of background character would be a random Guineafowl Flapper at Jimmy Z's control.
- Pages for characters, Creature Power Suits, species, or objects that debut in an upcoming episode that has yet to be released.
Do NOT add any new information regarding an upcoming Wild Kratts episode until it has aired on TV everywhere, even if a promo or commercial is released. This includes:
- Creating pages for characters, Creature Power Suits, species, or objects that debut in an upcoming episode.
- Adding information regarding an upcoming episode on existing pages, such as updating the latest appearance of a character.
- Uploading images from an upcoming episode.
General Page Edits
- Do NOT edit more than 10 pages a day! Unless you're an Administrator. Because when Administrators do it, it's different. Administrators do it to check what's recently been added onto pages. When users do it they are disrupting the Administrator's progress by forcing them to check every page they edited. By doing so users are holding Administrators back from checking and seeing what's going on the Wild Kratts Wiki. That's the Edit Limit Rule!
- Do NOT add transcripts of any Wild Kratts episodes.
- Do NOT add etymologies onto animal pages.
- Do NOT add categories that are inappropriate for the page.
- Do NOT create new categories without a previous discussion. For discussing your own suggestion of a new category, please post a discussion thread on this discussion board.
- When creating links, use the target article's full title. No link should pass through a redirect.
- Each article page follows what the character's name is given as in either the casting call or official PBS Kids press release. The inclusion of the character's surname, along with the first name, in an article page is also allowed, even if the surname wasn't given on the press release.
- Note that only the press release name should be bolded on the introduction sentence of "___ is a character on the PBS Kids show, Wild Kratts". If a surname exists but is not included in the press release name, it remains in the introduction sentence but it is NOT bolded.
Episode Page Edits
- When making a new episode page it must have evidence that the episode is real.
- Only add animals to the Live Action section if they weren't shown in the animated segment.
- Only add animals to the Live Action Images/Videos and Mentioned sections if they weren't shown in animated form or in the live action segments.
- The animals within the Animation section should have the first letters of each word capitalized. They should stay capitalized so it makes it easier to tell them apart from the names of Live Action animals.
- Animals within the Live Action section should only have the first letter of the first word capitalized, and linked to its respective Wikipedia article.
- If a species is only referred to by an alternate name in an episode, such as calling the black rhinoceros simply rhino for short, add (called alternate name) after the link to the species page.
- Featured animals should be in bold at the top of each list. Animals followed by the names of animal characters should go directly underneath. Below is an example of how it should look like:
Making Species Page Edits
- Do not say that an animal is hunted by humans. Because the Wild Kratts Wiki is not only for people who love the Kratt brothers, but also for people who love animals. Especially the ones that appear on the show. Wild Kratts is show that is educational and enlightening. A show that promotes respect for our fellow creatures on this planet. Wild Kratts is a show for people how love animals and inspire people to love them. So here on the Wild Kratts Wiki we should do the same thing. Only say an animal is being hunted in any way if it is a species threatened with extinction, such as the lesser prairie chicken. The lesser prairie chicken is an endangered species that needs our help to survive.
- When we edit on an animal page we should also add what they say about them on Wild Kratts. Whether it's from an episode, a magazine or even a wow fact from Facebook.
When uploading an image onto the wiki, make sure it is clear and even like the one shown on the left. Images that are low in quality, like the one on the right, are unaccepted on the wiki. All pictures on every page must be clear and even. All low quality images will be deleted.
- Do not upload images from a new episode until it has aired on TV everywhere.
- Do not add Categories onto image pages.