|Previous episode||Next episode|
- This page is about the episode. For the vehicle, see Cheetah Racer (vehicle).
In this episode, Aviva is determined to build a vehicle that will outrace a cheetah on the African savanna. Inventor Zach Varmitech finds out and challenges her to a race.
The episode begins with a live action segment, which shows playing around with a cheetah cub. Afterwards, they ask their "What if?" question and the show transitions into the cartoon segment.
Martin attempts to outrun a cheetah with a special pair of running sneakers created by Aviva. Chris gets out his Creature Pod and holographically projects a gazelle. Once ready, the cheetah and Martin race. The cheetah swiftly avoids the countless obstacles, and although Martin does the same, he is unable to outrun the cheetah, which catches up to the gazelle. Afterwards, he names the cheetah Blur. Aviva is then convinced to create a vehicle that will outrace a cheetah, although the Kratt brothers doubt that she will be able to. Then Zach Varmitech arrives and challenges Aviva and the cheetah to a race. After Chris explains the rules, the two get to building their vehicles – Aviva builds hers: the Cheetah Racer, while Zach builds his: the Zach Terrain Vehicle, or ZTV. While Zach and his Zachbots build the ZTV, Aviva, with the advice of the Kratt brothers, works on her Cheetah Racer. First, she builds the Cheetah Racer's frame, modeled on the cheetah's lean body. Aviva gains help when Chris activates his Gazelle Creature Power Suit to get Blur to chase him so Aviva can get a scan of a running cheetah. Aviva finds out that cheetahs use their backbones to make longer strides, and then she finds out that cheetah have non-retractable claws, which allow for traction. Afterwards, she successfully tests the Cheetah Racer.
Zach and his ZTV and Aviva and her Cheetah Racer head to the racetrack. Although a cheetah is supposed to race with them, Martin notices that Blur is not around, so he activates his Peregrine Falcon Creature Power Suit to search the surrounding area. The race begins anyway, and Zach, with the push of a button, easily outpaces Aviva. Martin soon finds something unusual in Zach's ZTV, and pulls open the covering on the ZTV's wheel, which reveals a mind-control device attached to Blur. Chris, still with Gazelle Powers, lures Blur out of the ZTV and onto the racetrack. The ZTV stops moving, allowing Aviva to outpace Zach. Zach improvises by detaching the seating area of the ZTV and using it as his racing vehicle. As they enter an obstacle course consisting of termite mounds, Zach fails to avoid a giant mound, causing him to loop-de-loop off the racetrack. The remaining racers reach the finish line, and Blur is pronounced the winner. At the end, everyone, including Aviva, admit that the cheetah is still the best runner on the African savanna.
The show transitions into the ending live action segment. The Kratt brothers tell the audience of a time they found cheetahs in the African savanna. Afterwards, they conclude the episode by saying "Keep on creature adventuring; we'll see you on the creature trail!"
Note: Featured animals are in bold.
Note: Mentioned animals are linked to Wikipedia
Note: Live action animals are linked to Wikipedia.
- African leopard (called Leopard)
- African wild dog (called Wild dog)
- Crested porcupine (called Porcupine)
- Red kangaroo (called Kangaroo)
- Grant's zebra (called Zebra)
- This is the first episode featuring a wildcat.
- While Chris was explaining the rules for the racing competition, Zach said "Here he goes with the rules again." This is referring to "Bass Class" where Chris had to explain the rules for the fishing competition.
- Before Martin landed in the mud, he said "I smell mud", which is what Zoboomafoo usually says before someone falls in the mud in Zoboomafoo.
- The black rhinos that Martin encounters in the mud puddle act similar to Carl and Frank the brontotheres from Ice Age.
- When Koki asked where Blur is and Zach said that he saw him run away, Zach mistakenly called the cheetah a male and that cheetah was actually a female.
Key Facts and Creature Moments
- Cheetahs can run around 70 miles per hour.
- Cheetahs can run fast, but only for a short time.
- Gazelles can't run as fast as cheetahs, but they can run for longer.