"Caracal-Minton" is the twenty-sixth episode of Season One of PBS Kids show, Wild Kratts. It was written and directed by Martin Kratt. It is the twenty-sixth episode of the series overall, and premiered on April 2, 2012.
The Wild Kratts Crew has a badminton tournament. While Chris and Martin are playing, a caracal steals Aviva's birdie, causing her to break down in tears. And this is no ordinary birdie – it is Aviva's precious family heirloom. Chris and Martin reassure her that they will find it, and try to find the caracal. When they do, Chris encourages Aviva to build a guinea fowl flapper, because guinea fowls are what the caracal likes to eat. She gets the inspiration to build one. On the way, Chris and Martin get captured by the same caracal that took their birdie, which they name Hang Time. When they get there, they face two caracal kittens who want to eat them. They get their birdie back but when a caracal kitten named Pouncemore gets dropped in the middle of the Namibian savanna after the brothers release him from the talons of a spotted eagle owl, they must use caracal creature powers and take him back to his home before hyenas find him.
This page or section is a work in progress or is in the process of restructuring.
You can help assist in its completion or restructuring by editing it.
- Martin Kratt as Martin Kratt
- Chris Kratt as Chris Kratt
- Athena Karkanis as Aviva Corcovado
- Heather Bambrick as Koki
- Jonathan Malen as Jimmy Z
Note: Featured animals are in bold.
- Caracal: Hang Time, Pounce More
- Helmeted Guineafowl (called Guineafowl)
- Nile Crocodile (called Crocodile)
- Spotted Hyena (called Hyena)
- Spotted Eagle-owl
Note: Mentioned animals are linked to Wikipedia.
Note: Live action animals are linked to Wikipedia.
- This is the first appearance of the Guineafowl Flapper.
- "Caracal-Minton" is the second Wild Kratts episode featuring a wildcat.
Key Facts and Creature Moments
- Caracals can vertical jump around eight feet in the air to catch fleeing birds.