|Previous episode||Next episode|
|"The Colors of China"||"Animals Who Live to be 100 Years Old"|
When trying to find the miniaturizer that the bros left behind, the Tortuga, along with the crew, get miniaturized. So they go on a box turtle style mission to get it back from a hungry coyote than a hungry bald eagle who snatches the Tortuga.
Note: Featured animals are in bold.
- Box Turtle: Caja
- Raccoon: Bandito
- European Honey Bee
- Bald Eagle
- Globe Skimmer (called Dragonfly)
- Peregrine Falcon
- Red Imported Fire Ant (called Fire ant)
Note: Mentioned animals are linked to Wikipedia.
Note: Live action animals are linked to Wikipedia.
- Gila monster
- North American porcupine
- Hooded skunk
- American black bear (called Bear)
- Earthworm (called Worm)
- Jimmy is allergic to mushrooms.
- The Tortuga got its name from the Spanish word for the turtle.
- This is the first time the Tortuga's walking mode has ever been used, although it was briefly seen walking on its own in "Rattlesnake Crystal".
Key Facts and Creature Moments
- Box turtles are omnivores.
- Box turtles use their shells for protection against predators. Even though it's a great defense, there are still some animals that can kill or eat box turtles.
- Coyotes and raccoons will often attempt to pry open box turtle shells when they're in hiding inside. They aren't successful most of the time.
- The biggest threat to box turtles are cars. Their shells aren't strong enough to withstand such high amounts of pressure, and their slow maneuverability makes them even more vulnerable.
- Golden eagles in some parts of the world are known to carry turtles into the air and drop them onto hard rocks to crack their shells open.
- Fire ants can kill box turtles by going into small spaces to enter their shells.
- Turtles have a hard time getting back up when they are flipped onto their backs. Those that aren't able to fixate themselves will often die.
- A box turtle laying eggs in the ground.