|Previous episode||Next episode|
|"Komodo Dragon"||"Creepy Creatures!"|
"Wild Kratts Alaska: Hero's Journey" is the twelfth episode of Season Five of the PBS Kids show Wild Kratts. It is the one hundred thirtieth episode of the series overall, and it premiered on July 24, 2017. This episode is part of the fifth-season premiere.
Aviva announces she's one step closer to fixing the Time Trampoline with the invention of a Time Thruster. But before they can check it out, it goes overboard and attaches onto a Sockeye Salmon who is in the middle of the "Salmon Run". The Wild Kratts team is led on a wild chase, as they follow the salmon on this incredible and difficult journey - both battling the odds like waterfalls and Grizzly Bears to reach their goals.
Note: Featured animals are in bold.
- Sockeye Salmon: Hero, Hero Jr.
- Grizzly Bear: Little G, Mama Grizz
- Gray Wolf: Little Howler
- Bald Eagle
- Orca: Swirly
- Atka Mackerel
- Sea Otter
- Bluestreak Cleaner Wrasse
- Salmon Shark
- Steller Sea Lion
- American Pine Marten
- North American River Otter (called River otter)
- American Black Bear (called Black bear)
- Laughing Gull (called Seagull)
- Globe Skimmer (nymphs) (called Nymph)
- North American Beaver
Note: Live action animals are linked to Wikipedia.
- When Aviva surprised Koki with her Wolf Power Suit, she called her "Little Girl Who Cried Wolf."
Key Facts and Creature Moments
- Sockeye salmon make a long journey from the Pacific Ocean to their spawning grounds located in freshwater rivers. Only a small percentage of the salmon complete the migration.
- Salmon will often have to make their way over waterfalls in order to complete their migration.
- Man-made structures known as fish ladders have been added to the sides of dams that go through the rivers that salmon have to cross in order to help them get to their spawning grounds.